Encountering errors while using your computer is not a strange thing. It can happen at any given time. While some of these errors can be resolved by you, some require professional help. Most of the errors are caused by viruses and can be fixed by running an anti-virus scan. Other errors are encountered due to lack of disk space which can be dealt with by using disk cleanup and disk defragmenter. This article contains instructions for doing the same.
Instructions provided by our computer repair team
What you can find below are the instructions provided by our computer repair team which will assist you in the process of fixing the hard drive of your computer.
- Start off by running a disk cleanup. To do this, double click on the icon titled “My Computer” located on your desktop, right click on the drive indicated by letter “C”, select the option which says “Properties” from the given menu, go to the tab titled “General”, and hit the button labeled “Disk Cleanup”. Remember that performing disk cleanup will remove old files which are creating problems on your hard drive.
- Continue with this procedure by defragmenting your hard drive. To do this, click on Windows “Start” button, select “All Programs”, click on “Accessories”, then “System Tools” and finally “Disk Defragmenter”. Disk Defragmenter window will now open up. Click on “C” from the list of partitions and hit the button labeled “Analyze”. A popup window will now open up to ask you if it requires being defragmented
or not. Hit the “Defragment” button if it requires defragmentation.
- Scan your hard drive for virus with the help of an anti-virus program. This will help you detect and remove any virus present in your hard drive which will resolve virus-related problems.
- After that run an error check using the property menu of the “C” drive. This will automatically check your hard drive for errors and will fix those errors detected by it.
- If the above mentioned steps fail to resolve the problem you are facing with your hard disk, get the help of a professional who is an expert in this filed for resolving your problem.
That’s all with the instructions provided by computer repair team for fixing the hardware related problems of your computer. Have a good day!Google+