Windows movie maker is a video editing application integrated with all Windows Operating systems. This helps Windows users to create and edit videos with provision to add various effects. To start editing, you need to import a video file into the Movie maker program. By default the movie maker program for Windows support .avi, .asf and .wmv formats. To use other video formats, you need to first convert it to a supporting format using third party video conversion software. In this article we will be discussing about steps to convert video files to a format supported by the Movie maker with the best two Video converter applications available in the market.
Any Video Converter:
- First you need to install Any Video Converter application on your system. For this, navigate to the official website and go to the Download section to get the installer file. Double click on the installer file to open the installation wizard and follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Launch Any Video Converter application and set the Output folder by navigating to the General tab.
- Select the Add Video to add the input file. You can select multiple files at the same time. This can be done by selecting the files while holding down the shift key. Now you need to select the output file format as wmv or avi. Finally click on the Encode button to convert the files.
Stoik Video Converter:
- Go to the official website of Stoik and navigate to the Downloadsection to download Stoik video converter. The download will
begin automatically. Unzip the file once the download is complete. Now click on the installer file and install the application by following the on screen instructions.
- Now open the application by double clicking on the Stoik Video Converter icon.
- Choose the file needed to be converted from the Input Bar. An alternative method is to drag and drop the file into the input bar. Next, you need to specify the name of the file and the location to be stored in the Output File bar. Now select the output file format as .avi or .wmv.
- Now convert the file by clicking on the Start button.
Contact Windows Support team if you are unable use the above mentioned convertor programs on your Windows PC. Thank you for visiting our page and have a good day!